Where We Work : Sri Lanka : Sustainable Livelihoods Programme
The Sustainable Livelihood Development Programme focuses primarily on those who live in the working proximity of BRAC in Sri Lanka and comprise low income earners among the worst tsunami and conflict affected communities.
1. Member selection through door to door survey:
Priority is given to:
- Families being looked after by women
- Families with more female children
- Extreme poor
- Those without any NGO assistance
2. Training module preparation:
A training module has been prepared in consultation with experts and relevant government departments and authorities.
3. Technical Training for the enterprises:
The training module for enterprise development includes enterprise selection, development of business plan, market analysis, book keeping, enterprise management, etc.
4. Programme implementation, supervision and follow up:
Credit Officers are responsible for implementing the programme and for regular field visits to extend their support by way of demonstrations and instructions.